Collective code of conduct
We at Collective, want all singers involved in the choir to enjoy themselves and feel they are being treated fairly. We ask that everyone is considerate to each other at all times.
- Please respect your surroundings and keep spaces tidy and clear of rubbish.
- Please care for furniture and white boards, and do not place any cups/glasses on pianos.
- We aim to ensure that everyone is free to explore music in a safe and encouraging environment. We do not tolerate bullying of any kind and any accusation of bullying is dealt with extremely seriously.
Please be Punctual
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early for rehearsals; the time listed on the schedules is the start time, not the arrival time.
- We need a high level of commitment to ensure the best experience for all. If you are unable to attend any scheduled sessions, please let us know well in advance by email.
- If you are delayed by unforeseen circumstances on the day of a rehearsal, please get in touch and let us know.
Look after yourselves
- Our rehearsals take place in public spaces/buildings. Your belongings are therefore your own responsibility
- Everyone is required to sign in on arrival and sign out upon departure. If you leave the group at any time before the end of the rehearsal, we will still require you to sign out.
- Alcohol, drugs, or any illegal substances must not be brought into the rehearsals at any time.
- Alcohol is strictly forbidden for anyone under the age of 18.
- If you are 18 or over, please do not drink during the rehearsal breaks as this will not be tolerated.
- The Collective management team are your chaperones and are responsible for your welfare during rehearsals.
- We will be your first point of call should you have any questions or concerns.
- We know a lot of you will be on social media and we want you to be safe and respectful of each other online as well as in person. This also means not revealing your location. If you use Snapchat, please make sure you disable the tracker.
- It’s fine to make friends with people you know, but do not accept friend requests from those that you don’t.
- As a Collective member you will represent us, so we ask that you don’t post anything that might be deemed inappropriate or offensive to anyone.
Looking after each other
- We hope that this experience will give you many new friends, but we understand that it might feel overwhelming at first.
- Please look after each other and if you think someone is not okay check in on them and tell us.
- There is no dress code for rehearsals, however we will expect all members to comply with regulated dress code for specific events and occasions, such as performances.
- We’ll let you know the expected dress code of performances with as much notice as possible, if you have any issues following the dress code please contact a Collective management team member.
What we need from you
- Please be responsible and follow this code of conduct.
- If any member does not follow this code of conduct you will risk losing your place in the Choir.
- Please remember to bring a bottle of water with you for all rehearsals and plenty of snacks for breaks.
Keep in Touch
- Email is out main form of communication with you outside of rehearsal, so please check your email account regularly
- Please let us know if any of your contact details change
- Please do not upload any photos or videos of any other participants without talking to us first.
- If you have any concerns, queries or questions, approach any member of the team during or after rehearsals, or send us an email!
The Collective Team